Friday 14 October 2011

Fox hunting

Well well, to paraphrase Teresa May, you couldn't make it up. I am, of course referring to Liam Fox desperately  clinging to his job despite a stack of evidence about his dodgy relationship with Adam Werritty. More amazing though, was the support for him from fellow Tories, including the Prime Minister in the face of all this evidence and 'bending' of the truth. Seriously marble-deficient characters like Peter Bone and Daniel Kawczynski, who don't seem to have grasped the basic difference between right and wrong, and somehow blame the media for Fox's resignation! What?

When the Fox scandal first broke I was staying in a 5-star hotel abroad. Unlike Adam Werritty though, I had flown Ryanair to get there, and paid for it myself. A few years ago when Dr Fox visited Torquay I sat in a room listening to him and was struck by the general unpleasantness of his right-wing views (I should point out that at the time I was not there as an adviser to Dr Fox, but merely a member of the audience on Question Time). Today I am thoroughly pleased to witness his demise - a clear reminder (as if we needed another one) of why it is very unwise to vote Tory - ever.

No comments: